April 1, 2009
AD-LIB
This is just to let a very cool cat know that the cups of tea are not really all that helpful. Brit tragic hero came up just now to invite me to a movie tonight at his apartment. I found the invitation obviously exciting. However, the earth came crashing down in seconds. I will be sharing the sofa with Mrs. Perth and Gregory. Darby might squeeze in as well. It won't be uncomfortable but I don't see how the arrangement is conducive to any kind of flirting. Then again if that were not enough, we will be shown a Daniel Day Lewis film which I have not seen. I have nothing against Daniel, particularly since he will always be known to me as also the son-in-law of Arthur Miller. That ups his celebrity quotient because Miller was once married to Monroe. Considering that I am becoming flippant by the hour, this piece of trivia amounts to a lot. Anyway, the sad part is that though it is supposedly a good film, it's off-putting name is 'There Will Be Blood'...that kind of scares me. Ek phool, do maali, blood and two witnesses...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Er ... what do cups of tea have to do with all this?? Unless you're planning to balancing them on your knee, in genteel, lady-like fashion, while watching movie on crowded sofa. I wouldn't advise it.
Btw, I've been dying to watch 'There Will be Blood' - it's supposed to be a great movie - but conducive to flirting, no, I don't think it is. Unless you let you (once again, lady-like) gasps of horror and hide face in Brit hero's shoulder. Or clutch at his hand while shuddering gently. What would Darby say to that, though?? :D
But did you see it? How was it?
i see you have forgotten. the noise that i had made had brought Brit tragic hero to our apartment the first time and we had bonded over tea.on reading about it you had wondered how much more noise i would continue making if only to bring him upstairs coz i had 'really' started liking him.tea would follow and the bonding too. so this blogpost in answer to that.
as for the movie, it is a study of human ambition and more importantly, human cruelty. daniel is superb...at his demonic best. i have not read the novel but the movie does not have any subplot, no real comic relief. it is just the story of the degeneration of a man's soul pitted against dogmatic religion. the last line of the movie and the way it is mouthed by daniel...sheer genius!Brit hero's remark at the end of the show...'he is one shitty piece of work, ain't he?'
Arrey na, I didn't forget. Just that this post seemed to about your displeasure at having to watch the movie while squeezed into a sofa with tons of people ... and I would have thought the cups of tea had come in handy, what with all the bonding and movie invitations! :D
I'll have to buy the DVD of There Will Be Blood now.
Post a Comment