June 19, 2009

DIDN'T KNOW THAT I STILL HAD IT IN ME

A couple of months back, in an introspective mood, I confessed to feeling incapable of loving the way the world wants me to, incapable of feeling love the way the world gives it to me...in a wringing, painful, knotty kind of way, so that when I love, I give something in me away, so that when I soothe, I feel calm in return, so that when I touch my loved one, I feel another, more tangible love flow back through my veins. How much we think we know ourselves and how little we know! I feel that love surround me everyday and today, more than ever, I realize that I can love back too because it can still make me cry and feel the ache in my soul. I feel a little more complete today, a little more human.

1 comment:

thoughtfox said...

I know why you say that. I still nurse that touch within myself as I fly over the Atlantic...remembering every moment the hearth n home that I have left behind in a distant, unfamiliar land!!