June 27, 2009

IN LOVE


It is a very cloudy day today but very breezy. Went out for a long, really long walk and then spent some time walking some more in Palmiarnia. It was so warm and cool there, all at the same time, with the dampness coming up from the earth after a fresh shower and a grey mist hanging in suspension, with a few odd couples busy loving each other and lonesome pet dogs searching for companions. It was so beautiful and I fell in love again...with life.

And if you have ever been there, my friend, confronted by the vision of death, down in the nadir that you thought was insurmountable, you will know what I mean when I say that it is an incredible feeling to be alive, to be able to smell the real world again, to be able to feel that when a leaf is touched, it responds.

I am in tears right now. I am that happy. I am quaking right now. I feel that secure. The trees I have known here for sometime spoke with me today. I heard them call out my name in an unfamiliar land and I know I am home.

2 comments:

ArJuN said...

Such a beautiful forest.It must be so fun to walk through it.We don't have any such forests near Kolkata.Sigh. :(

randomrandom said...

a very nice post.